Saturday, September 1, 2012

August MVP: My Boyfriend Scales Walls

My manicures this month were all over the place again, but I wanted to show some love to a polish that I have used consistently since I bought it shortly after the Spiderman collection came out. That polish is, of course, My Boyfriend Scales Walls. It's not grey, it's not white, it's certainly not off white... It's notwhite. It's white, but not. It's the very lightest grey that exists without being white.

August MVP: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls

What I love so much about MBSW is that sometimes you need a white base for nail art, but you don't necessarily want it to be BLAARGH I'M WHITE!$@! More like hey, I'm white. Sup. I'm chill. 

My point is that if you look at most white objects in natural light, they aren't actually white. They're notwhite. Know what I mean? Anyway, MBSW has been fantastic for nail art, and I've used it in some of my favorite manicures. 

August MVP: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls -- Ingrid the Zombie nail art
Remember Ingrid, the zombie?
August MVP: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls -- Summer shatter mosaic
My summer shatter base color wasn't white--it was notwhite!
August MVP: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls -- Frank Lloyd Wright inspired nail art
Perfect notwhite background for my Frank Lloyd Wright inspired manicure.
Aside from being a great base color, MBSW looks really awesome on its own. I don't think I would ever wear white polish, but whenever I apply MBSW for nail art, I'm always like dang... I kinda want to just leave you alone!

I have even more ideas for how to use this versatile polish for the future. And of course, it's always very gratifying to get a lot of use out of a polish.

August MVP: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Congratulations, My Boyfriend Scales Walls!
What was your MVP this month, ladies? Don't forget, if you want to make your own MVP badge, the instructions are right here!

7 comments:

  1. yep, totally agree - I bought 3 back up bottles, and I never do that. Sup, lol. To me it's the colour of paper - just that little bit off, like the glare has been wiped off. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I wish I'd bought a backup. And it is exactly like the color of paper!

      Delete
  2. I dont even have one bottle of this. I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Now I am wondering why I passed this up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "hey, I'm white. Sup. I'm chill." Yes! And that's why I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need a white like this for nail art stuff. Question. What's the formula like? Especially the more you use it. Most polishes like this give me worlds of problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whites and greys are usually a PITA, but this one's not bad compared to some I've used. I do find that all whites and greys need polish thinner eventually, but I haven't reach that point yet with my bottle. :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave questions, video/post requests and whatever is on your mind! Personalized recommendations will not be given in comments.