Monday, February 25, 2013

Scattered and Tattered Heels of Dazzle

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while, blah blah blah... Let's look at some nails.

Matte glitter manicure with Urban Outfitters Binge, China Glaze Scattered and Tattered, Zoya Sooki, Venique Heels of Dazzle

Matte glitter manicure with Urban Outfitters Binge, China Glaze Scattered and Tattered, Zoya Sooki, Venique Heels of Dazzle


I got a few of the China Glaze Glitz Bitz 'n' Pieces glitters and have been playing with them a lot lately. I was inspired to layer the pink one, Scattered and Tattered, with Venique's Heels of Dazzle, which is a very pretty red hex glitter over my trusty Urban Outfitters Binge with Zoya Sooki on the accent nail. I thought it would be nice matte, so I topped it with NYC Matte Me Crazy.

I really like these glitters, but man they're a pain. They're very dense, which is fantastic, but they turn goopy fast, and it's hard to get a light layer. On a bare nail or swatch wheel, they can be applied lightly, but over a tacky polished nail, they tend to cling to the polish and form a thick layer of glitter.

Also I've found that they don't wear very well for whatever reason. Maybe it's the bar glitter and large pieces, or something in the base. It's a mystery. I still like them though.

Matte glitter manicure with Urban Outfitters Binge, China Glaze Scattered and Tattered, Zoya Sooki, Venique Heels of Dazzle
Urban Outfitters Binge, China Glaze Scattered and Tattered, Zoya Sooki, Venique Heels of Dazzle
I'm still trying to figure out how best to photograph nails with my new camera and lights. It seems to do better with a white background than my usual black, so I'll see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! AND I love your nail shape now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its not nice to see you back! i love the glitters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you back! Love how this looks matte!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave questions, video/post requests and whatever is on your mind! Personalized recommendations will not be given in comments.