Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The evolution of all good things...

Hey everyone, just want to give you a quick update on what's going on with me and the blog. I started this blog for fun to have a place to put all of my crazy nail art pictures, but unfortunately I've had to substantially cut back on my chemical exposure. As some of you may know, I've been dealing with some chronic health problems for a while, which forced me to quit practicing as an esthetician, and one of the most recent discoveries has been that I have a genetic dysfunction that prevents my immune system from identifying certain kinds of toxic substances and removing them from my body. So my doctor is on my case about reducing my exposure to anything that may be problematic, ergo less nail art. :/

But there is good news! Well, it's good if you're interested in skin care. If you're not aware, I have had a channel on youtube for the past three years where I talk about skin care, products, ingredients--generally just trying to share my expertise as an esthetician. My channel has been gaining more popularity lately, so I've decided to make better use of this space and develop it as an extension of my channel. The blog will undergo substantial changes in the coming weeks.

If you aren't interested in skin care and makeup, I completely understand if you don't stick around. But I hope you'll all stay tuned and enjoy the other side of my online shenanigans. That sounded dirty. It's not (or is it...?).

To give you an idea of what I'm about, here are my last two videos (please visit their respective youtube pages to 'like' and ask questions in the comments). Hope you enjoy!

Also, since there are a lot of questions that come up repeatedly, I've been using my facebook page to share information about common topics. Check it out here and hit the 'like' button for updates, interesting articles and information.






5 comments:

  1. I was just recently wondering where you'd gone! I'm sad that your incredible talent for nail art will not be something you can fully use going forward, but I wish you the best of health!

    I've just watched your first video and I'm moving on to the second now, but I'm definitely curious to check out the rest of your channel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your videos and I'm very interested in what you have to say. Now I'm one of those "rare species" who don't have a facebook page and are not really keen on having one, do you think you can also use this blog to share information about common topics?
    Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you on YouTube and am totally hooked! I follow you on Twitter and Facebook and even shared your Facebook page for all of my friends to check you out to. You're beautiful, talented and accurate - totally winning combo in my eyes :) Thanks for all of your great advice & ideas.

    Sincerely,
    Your newest fan, Heather

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave questions, video/post requests and whatever is on your mind! Personalized recommendations will not be given in comments.